At A Glance
WHY CHOOSE THIS CHALLENGE?
- Experience a long-distance linear walk between the popular towns of Ambleside and Keswick
- Enjoy some of the most beautiful and iconic views in the Lake District
- Explore lakes, tarns, mountainous valleys and idyllic villages
- This is one of the very best long-distance walks in the UK
WHY CHOOSE MOUNTAIN WALKS?
- We specialise in small group guided walks and we ensure you have a fun, relaxed and stress-free experience that you will never forget.
- All our walks are led by an exceptional and dedicated team of experienced Mountain Leaders.
- We are dedicated to the highest quality of client care and providing adventures that are remarkable, inspiring and memorable. We put our clients at the heart of everything we do.
- Our team are always here to help from booking to completing the walk. You will be sent plenty of information, lots of advice and kept up to date before the walk.
Book Ambleside to Keswick
Ambleside to Keswick is a 26-mile guided walk through the very heart of the Lake District.
You will enjoy some of the most breathtaking views, explore mountainous valleys, idyllic lakes and tarns, and have fun on this challenging long-distance walk.
Highlights of the walk include:
- The most beautiful section of the Cumbria Way
- Views over Grasmere and Rydal Water
- The Greater Langdale and Langstrath Valleys
- Borrowdale Valley and villages
- Explore the shores of Elterwater and Derwent Water
- Spectacular mountain views
Date for 2019
Saturday 25th May (only one date for 2019 at the moment)
Start, finish and transport
You will meet your group and leaders in Keswick for a 7.30am start where a bus will take everyone to Ambleside to start the walk. Expect to arrive back in Keswick around 10 hours later. Full event information including where to meet, times, kit list and training information will be emailed to you after booking.
Is it for me?
This is a challenging long-distance walk requiring a good level of fitness and you will need to be able to walk up to 10-12 hours over hilly ground. The route is not technical, but in terms of distance and time, this is a challenging walk you must prepare for.