At A Glance
WHY CHOOSE THIS WALK?
- One of the best and popular walks in the Lakes
- Summit Bowfell and Crinkle Crags
- A tough and challenging mountain day
- Stunning views across the Lake District National Park
- Fully guided so you can relax and enjoy the experience
- Fantastic group atmosphere with like-minded walkers
WHY CHOOSE MOUNTAIN WALKS?
- We specialise in small group guided walks
- All walks are led by experienced and knowledgeable mountain leaders
- We make sure you have an unforgettable experience
- Great communication from booking to the day of the walk
- Friendly, relaxed and fun mountain walking experiences
Book Bowfell and Crinkle Crags
Bowfell is the sixth highest mountain in the Lake District and one of the most popular with spectacular panoramic vistas of Langdale and the Scafell range. Combined with Crinkle Crags, this epic high-level walk across the rocky summits makes for one of the very best mountain adventures in Lakeland.
Dramatic, beautiful and exhilarating are just a few words to describe this walk. From Langdale the route takes you through spectacular valleys, high into the mountains, across rocky tops including the famous ‘5 crinkles’ before the climb up to Bowfell. This is certainly a fun and adventurous day which feels more like a mini-mountaineering adventure high on the rocky Lakeland summits. Wainwright said “other mountains are climbed and forgotten but Crinkle Crags will always be remembered”. I think that says it all.
Dates and times:
Walks start at 8.45am and finish around 4.00pm.
- Saturday 25th June 2022
- Sunday 24th July 2022
- Friday 12th August 2022
- Saturday 1st October 2022
Where does it start?
The walk will start in the Langdale Valley at Stickle Barn (National Trust carpark). This is around 10-15 mins drive from Ambleside.
Is it for me?
This is a big day in the mountains so you will need to have a good level of hillwalking fitness to complete the 8-9 miles and over 1000m of ascent. The terrain is very rocky throughout the day and will involve walking over boulders.
How to book a place on the Bowfell and Crinkle Crags guided walk
You can book your guided walk anytime through the website.
- Decide which date you would like to attend
- Use the booking calendar above to select your date and click ‘book now’
- You pay a 35% deposit to book your place
- We email you with all the walk information including kit lists, timings, parking and training plans