At A Glance
WHY CHOOSE THIS WALK?
- Rewarding low-level walk in the heart of the Lake District
- Visit some of the most iconic and beautiful areas of Langdale
- Relaxed low-level walk with plenty to see and experience
- Fully guided so you can relax and enjoy the experience
- Relaxed group atmosphere with like-minded walkers
WHY CHOOSE MOUNTAIN WALKS?
- We specialise in small group guided walks
- All walks are led by experienced and knowledgeable leaders
- We make sure you have an unforgettable experience
- Great communication from booking to the day of the walk
- Friendly, relaxed and fun mountain walking experiences
Book Discover Langdale
Marvel at some of the most spectacular landscapes in Britain on possibly the best lower-level walk in the Lake District. This 12-mile guided walk tacks you on a journey through the Great and Little Langdale Valleys, situated in the very heart of the Lake District, enclosed by dramatic mountains such as Bow Fell, Crinkle Crags and the iconic Langdale Pikes.
This walk explores the beautiful valleys of Greater and Little Langdale via a lower level circuit around Lingmoor Fell. From steep rugged mountains to the most picturesque tarn in Lakeland, this walk delivers spectacular views at every point and showcases some of the finest views and most iconic Lake District landmarks. A delightful walk of classic views, lakes, waterfalls, bridges, forests, and quaint villages, ideal for those wanting to explore Langdale as part of guided group and at a relaxed pace.
- Sunday 9th May 2021
- Friday 11th June 2021
- Saturday 10th July 2021
All walks start at 9.00am in Elterwater and finish around 3.00pm.
Highlights of the walk include:
- Great Langdale and Little Langdale valleys
- Blea Tarn (the most picturesque tarn in the Lake District)
- Views of the Langdale Pikes from Elterwater
- Chapel Stile and Skelwith Bridge
- Slaters Bridge and Little Langdale Tarn
- Cathedral Cave
- Colwith Force (waterfall)
- Low-level walk around Lingmoor Fell
- Views of some of the biggest peaks in the Lake District
Where does it start?
The Langdale walk starts and finishes in the village of Elterwater which is a short 5-miles drive from Ambleside. There are plenty of hotels, B&Bs and hostels in the Elterwater and Langdale area if you plan to stay over before or after the walk. Ambleside is the closest large town with numerous accommodation and food options.
Is it for me?
Discover Langdale is suitable for all levels. At just under 12-miles this is still a challenging distance so ensure you are able to walk for up to 8-hours over rough paths and tracks. This is a low-level walk and the pace of the day will be relaxed with plenty of rest points to enjoy the incredible views.
How to book your Langdale guided walk
You can book your guided walk anytime through the website.
- Decide which date you would like to attend
- Use the booking calendar above to select your date and click ‘book now’
- You pay a 35% deposit to book your place
- We email you with all the walk information including kit lists, timings, parking and training plans