At A Glance
Why choose this workshop?
- A hands-on and highly engaging practical hillwalking workshop
- Expert instructing and coaching
- Small groups so you get the most out the day
- 1-to-1 advice and practical help
- Ran at a pace that is comfortable and not overwhelming
- Ideal for with people who are new to hillwalking
Why choose Mountain Walks?
- All our workshop are led and taught by fully qualified instructors who are also experts at coaching and teaching
- We specialise in recreational hillwalking workshops and events
- Our workshops are taught in a fun, friendly and relaxed atmosphere. No pressure.
- We make sure that everything from booking your workshop to learning is as stress free and enjoyable as possible
Book Get Started Hillwalking
If you are new to hillwalking and want to learn the skills so you can safely, confidently and competently walk in the mountains then this workshop is for you.
Get Started Hillwalking is a relaxed, fun and practical one-day workshop where you will learn fundamental skills such as map reading, navigation, planning, walking strategies and mountain safety. The day will be spent in the mountains learning, having fun and gaining lots of essential hillwalking knowledge.
After completing the workshop you will have the skills to tackle your own mountain walks with ease. You will also be inspired to go further, explore new areas and get outside more. It’s amazing how much you will learn in just one day!
The one-day workshop covers:
- Map reading, navigation and the skills you need to get started
- Planning routes and how to prepare in advance
- Walking strategies, skills and techniques that will boost your confidence and make your walks more enjoyable
- What to do if things go wrong and how to stay safe
- The kit you need, what to wear and what to pack
- Understanding a mountain weather forecast and planning around the conditions
- The rules and regulations of hillwalking
- Conservation and the environment
- Where to go next after completing the workshop
- And loads of expert tips and advice
Who’s it for:
If you are new to hillwalking then this workshop is for you. This workshop will ensure you get started with the right skills so you can plan your own adventures and stay safe in the mountains. You don’t need any prior experience to join the workshop.
Snowdonia (Capel Curig, 6 miles from Betws-y-Coed):
- Friday 10th May (fully booked)
- Saturday 18th May
- Saturday 1st June
- Friday 7th June
- Saturday 6th July
- Friday 12th July
- Saturday 3rd August
- Friday 9th August
Lake District (Langdale Valley, 5 miles from Ambleside):
- Friday 24th May
- Saturday 15th June
- Friday 21st June
- Saturday 20th July
- Friday 26th July
- Saturday 17th August
- Friday 23rd August
- Saturday 14th September
Who is your instructor?
The workshop will be led by one of our experienced Mountain Leaders. Our team are experts at delivering outstanding workshops and will offer lots of 1-to-1 advice, practical help and support. We have delivered hundreds of mountain skills workshops and courses to people just like you.
The workshops will be held in the Langdale Valley, Lake District and Capel Curig, Snowdonia. Workshops will start at 9am and finish at 5pm.
How to book:
Places are limited to just 6 people on each date. You can book your workshop anytime through the website
1. Decide which date you would like to attend and at which location
2. Use the booking calendar above to select your date and click ‘book now’
3. A small 35% deposit is payable today to book your place
4. We email you with all the workshop information including kit lists, timings, parking and locations
** Fully booked or can’t make a date? Join the reserve list and event updates…
If any events are fully booked or you are unable to attend a specific dates then we can send you updates via email. We often add additional dates or have cancellations so we can let you know when things become available.
Just enter your details below…