At A Glance
Why choose this course?
- Tackle 4 of the Lake District’s classic ridges and scrambles while learning new skills and techniques
- Learn to scramble safely with our expert Mountain Leaders
- Our small group ratios allow you to learn more and do more
- Gain confidence so you can enjoy your own scrambling routes
- Summit 2 of the Lake District classic mountains.
- One of the most exhilarating and fun experiences you will ever have in the mountains
Why choose Mountain Walks?
- We specialise in small group skills courses and we ensure you have a fun, relaxed and stress-free experience that you will never forget.
- All our courses are led by an exceptional and dedicated team of experienced Mountain Leaders.
- We are dedicated to the highest quality of client care and providing adventures that are remarkable, inspiring and memorable. We put our clients at the heart of everything we do.
- Our team are always here to help from booking to completing the walk. You will be sent plenty of information, lots of advice and kept up to date before the walk.
Book Lake District Scrambling Weekend
Tackle some of the very best ridge routes in the Lake District and learn scrambling skills. Experience grade 1 scrambling terrain and challenge yourself on some of the best routes in the Lake District. Learn skills so you can enjoy your own scrambling adventures. Spend two amazing and memorable days in Lake District Mountains.
This scrambling workshop is for confident hillwalkers who want to take their skills to the next level and explore rocky ridges and steep ground in safety. Over two days you will learn skills, build on your confidence and gain valuable experience with one of our expert Mountain Leaders. This really is an unforgettable experience which will challenge you and give you an all-round introduction to scrambling.
- Saturday 2nd – Sunday 3rd May 2020 (Fully booked)
- Saturday 6th – Sunday 7th June 2020
- Saturday 4th – Sunday 5th July 2020 (Last few places)
- Saturday 1st – Sunday 2nd August 2020 (Fully booked)
- Saturday 5th – Sunday 6th September 2020 (Last few places)
On the Lake District Scrambling Workshop we aim to tackle 4 classic Lake District Ridges; Halls Fell Ridge and Sharp Edge on Blencathra as well as the iconic Striding Edge and Swirral Edge on Helvellyn.
Where does it start?
The Lake District Scrambling Workshop will start from Threlkeld on Day 1 and Glenridding on Day 2.
Is it for me?
Recent experience of summer hillwalking in the UK and a very good level of mountain fitness. Some experience of easy scrambling or steep ground would be useful but not essential. This is a challenging 2-days with some serious exposure. If you’re unsure if this is right for you, please contact us before booking.
How to book…
You can book your Lake District Scrambling & Classic Edges anytime through the website.
1. Decide which date you would like to attend
2. Use the booking calendar above to select your date and click ‘book now’
3. You pay a 35% deposit to book your place
4. We email you with all the walk information including kit lists, timings, parking and training tips
Spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis. We require a 35% deposit to reserve a place and the remaining balance is due 6 weeks before the start date. All the information will be emailed to you once your place have booked online. This will include all the details you need, including start and finish times, location details, parking information, and what you need to prepare and bring with you.