At A Glance
Why choose this course?
- Tackle 4 of the Lake District’s classic ridges and scrambles while learning new skills and techniques
- Learn to scramble safely with our expert Mountain Leaders
- Our small group ratios allow you to learn more and do more
- Gain confidence so you can enjoy your own scrambling routes
- Summit 2 of the Lake District classic mountains.
- One of the most exhilarating and fun experiences you will ever have in the mountains
Why choose Mountain Walks?
- We specialise in small group skills courses and we ensure you have a fun, relaxed and stress-free experience that you will never forget.
- All our courses are led by an exceptional and dedicated team of experienced Mountain Leaders.
- We are dedicated to the highest quality of client care and providing adventures that are remarkable, inspiring and memorable. We put our clients at the heart of everything we do.
- Our team are always here to help from booking to completing the walk. You will be sent plenty of information, lots of advice and kept up to date before the walk.
Book Lake District Scrambling & Classic Edges
Tackle some of the very best ridge routes in the Lake District and learn scrambling skills. Experience grade 1 scrambling terrain and challenge yourself on some of the best routes in the Lake District. Learn skills so you can enjoy your own scrambling adventures. Spend two amazing and memorable days in Lake District Mountains.
This scrambling workshop is for confident hillwalkers who want to take their skills to the next level and explore rocky ridges and steep ground in safety. Over two days you will learn skills, build on your confidence and gain valuable experience with one of our expert Mountain Leaders. This really is an unforgettable experience which will challenge you and give you an all-round introduction to scrambling.
On the Lake District Scrambling Workshop we aim to tackle 4 classic Lake District Ridges; Halls Fell Ridge, Sharp Edge, Striding Edge and Swirral Edge. Over the 2 days we will summit the following mountains:
- Blencathra (868m)
- Helvellyn (950m)
You will be led by fully qualified, experienced, trusted and extremely knowledgeable Mountain Leaders who have a wealth of experience. We make sure you have a fantastic 2 days and enjoy every second of this challenge!
Where does it start?
The Lake District Scrambling Workshop will start from Threlkeld on Day 1 and Glenridding on Day 2.
When is it?
There are several dates between April and October. You can view the dates below or on the booking calendar above.
Is it for me?
Recent experience of summer hillwalking in the UK and a very good level of mountain fitness. Some experience of easy scrambling or steep ground would be useful but not essential. This is a challenging 2-days with some serious exposure. If you’re unsure if this is right for you, please contact us before booking.