At A Glance
Why choose this challenge?
- Summit all 15 of Snowdonia’s 3000ft peaks in three days
- Discover the beauty of Snowdonia as we take you across 3 major mountain ranges
- Enjoy Snowdonia’s toughest challenge at a more leisurely pace with like-minded people
- Finish on the summit of Snowdon after tackling the legendary Crib Goch ridge
Why choose Mountain Walks?
- All walks are led and accompanied by fully qualified, experienced and knowledgeable Mountain Guide
- We specialise in organising guided group walks.
- We make sure that everything from booking your walk to reaching the summit is as stress free as possible
- Our job is to make sure you leave with some amazing memories and an experience you will never forget
The Welsh 3000s is the ultimate Snowdonia hillwalking challenge. Summit all 15 of Snowdonia’s 3000ft peaks in three days completing over 30 miles and 3710m of ascent. From Foel Fras to Snowdon, we take you on a journey across the major mountain ranges of Snowdonia and help you enjoy the very best of Snowdonia.
Day one starts at 8.30am in the village of Llanberis. You will meet your group and Mountain Leader before being driven to Abergwyngregyn to start the Carneddau section. This is the longest day and you will be walking for around 9-10 hours. Seven peaks will be summited before heading back down to the Ogwen Valley where you will be taken back to Llanberis.
Day two involves a traverse of the five Glyderau mountains (six if you include Castell y Gwynt) which is a complete contrast to the Carneddau. Rocky peaks, ridges and dramatic views, you will enjoy a high-level traverse of this beautiful mountain range before dropping back down the other side to Llanberis.
Day three is spent tackling the three peaks on Snowdon Massif. We aim to summit Crib Goch first and finish on the summit of Snowdon and descend back to Llanberis via the Llanberis Path. How the group tackles Crib Goch will depend on group/individual ability and also the weather conditions.
Day 1: The Carneddau – 19.1km and 1365m of ascent
- Foel Fras 942m (3090ft)
- Garnedd Uchaf 926m (3038ft)
- Foel Grach 976m (3202ft)
- Carnedd Llewelyn 1064m (3491ft)
- Yr Elen 962m (3156ft)
- Carnedd Dafydd 1044m (3424ft)
- Pen yr Ole Wen 978m (3209ft)
Day 2: The Glyderau – 15.2km and 1425m of ascent
- Tryfan 915m (3002ft)
- Glyder Fach 994m (3262ft)
- Glyder Fawr 999m (3279ft)
- Y Garn 947m (3107ft)
- Elidar Fawr 923m (3029ft)
Day 3: Snowdon – 12km and 920m of ascent
- Crib Goch 923m (3028ft)
- Garnedd Ugain 1065m (3495ft)
- Snowdon 1085m (3560ft)
Walk pre-requisites ***Please Read***
The Welsh 3000s challenge requires a high level of fitness and experience on long mountain walks. This is our most demanding event and even over 3 days this is an extremely tough challenge. If you are in any doubts about your fitness or experience then please contact us before booking.
Days will range between 7 and 10 hours of continuous walking and in possibly tough weather conditions. The final day involves tackling Crib Goch which requires a good head for heights and the ability to cope with exposure. You will need quality hillwalking clothing that is suitable for this level of walking. A full kit list will be sent after booking.
The Welsh 3000s challenge, even over three days, is not for novice hillwalkers.
Spaces on this walk are available on a first-come, first-served basis. We require a 35% deposit to reserve a place and the remaining balance is due 4 weeks prior to the walk. All the walk information will be emailed to you once your place has been confirmed. This will include all the details you need, including start and finish times, location details, parking information, and what you need to prepare and bring with you.
To book a place, select your chosen date on the calendar above and click ‘book now’.