At A Glance
Why choose this walk?
- Complete a full circuit of Derwent Water and the surrounding fells
- Explore one of the most beautiful areas of the Lake District
- Visit some of the idilic spots and view points around Derwent Water
- Ideal for beginners with a good level of fitness
- One of the best walks you will ever do in the Lake District
Why choose Mountain Walks?
- We specialise in small group guided walks and we ensure you have a fun, relaxed and stress-free experience that you will never forget.
- All our walks are led by an exceptional and dedicated team of experienced Mountain Leaders.
- We are dedicated to the highest quality of client care and providing adventures that are remarkable, inspiring and memorable. We put our clients at the heart of everything we do.
- Our team are always here to help from booking to completing the walk. You will be sent plenty of information, lots of advice and kept up to date before the walk.
Book Discover Derwent Water and Borrowdale
New for 2019, a 16-mile circuit around Derwent Water and through the beautiful Borrowdale Valley, and our most picturesque walk in the Lake District. Starting from Keswick the route takes you on a tour of some of Derwent Waters highlights which include Cat Bells, Borrowdale, Grange Fell, Watendlath Tarn, Surprise View, Ashness Bridge and Walla Crag. This is a great way to discover this beautiful area of the Lake District and enjoy all the amazing views around Derwent Water.
Dates for 2019
- Thursday 2nd May
- Sunday 19th May
- Saturday 1st June
- Thursday 4th July
- Sunday 28th July
- Thursday 29th August
- Sunday 22nd September
Where does it start?
The walk will start and finish in Keswick, Cumbria. We would recommend booking accommodation in Keswick or the surrounding area of the Northern Lake District.
Is it for me?
You will require a good level of mountain fitness and will need to be able to walk for up to 10 hours and tackle the 1,000m+ of ascent. The route is not technical but the distance will be challenging.
How to book your guided walk
You can book your guided walk anytime through the website.
1. Decide which date you would like to attend
2. Use the booking calendar above to select your date and click ‘book now’
3. You pay a 35% deposit to book your place
4. We email you with all the walk information including kit lists, timings, parking and training plans