At A Glance
Why choose this challenge?
- The Coledale 10 Peak Challenge is unique walking challenge and a great way to tackle a long, multi-peak Lake District adventure
- Discover the North-Western Fells and experience a different and quieter side of the Lake District
- Explore these mountains with an expert mountain leader and learn about the local area
- Perfect for individuals, couples, friends and families. We welcome solo walkers who will be made to feel welcome and looked after.
- This walk is ideal for those with a good level of fitness and want to experience a tougher day in the mountains
Why choose Mountain Walks?
- We specialise in small group guided walks and we ensure you have a fun, relaxed and stress-free experience that you will never forget.
- All our walks are led by an exceptional and dedicated team of experienced Mountain Leaders.
- We are dedicated to the highest quality of client care and providing adventures that are remarkable, inspiring and memorable. We put our clients at the heart of everything we do.
- Our team are always here to help from booking to completing the walk. You will be sent plenty of information, lots of advice and kept up to date before the walk.
Book Coledale 10 Peak Challenge
Tackle 10 summits on a 13-mile circular guided walk in the Lake District. This unique walking challenge has become one of the most popular adventures in the Lake District and it’s a great way to complete an epic multi-peak mountain walk.
The Coledale 10 Peak Challenge takes you on a tour of the beautiful North-Western Fells with spectacular panoramic views across the Lake District. This is also one of the quietest areas of the Lake District allowing you to escape the crowds and enjoy discovering these peaks on this exclusive walking challenge and one of our most requested walks in the Lake District
This is a tough walk which will test you physically and mentally. You will be in a small group led by one of our expert and knowledgeable mountain leaders. The Coledale 10 Peak Challenge is a walking adventure you will never forget.
The Coledale 10 peaks:
Barrow – 455m, Outerside – 568m, Causey Pike – 637m, Scar Crags – 672m, Sail – 773m, Crag Hill – 839m, Wandope – 772m, Grasmoor – 852m, Hopegill Head – 770m and Grisedale Pike – 791m.
- Saturday 13th April 2024
- Saturday 4th May 2024
- Saturday 29th June 2024
- Friday 2nd August 2024
- Sunday 1st September 2024
Where does it start?
The Coledale 10 Peak Challenge will start and finish in the village of Braithwaite which is two miles from Keswick in the Lake District. We would recommend Keswick if you are staying before or after the walk.
Is it for me?
The Coledale 10 Peak Challenge requires a good level of fitness and you will need to be able to walk for up to 9-hours and tackle the 1,700m+ of ascent. We highly recommend training for this challenge and ensuring you are prepared for a long multi-peak day in the mountains.
How to book your Coledale 10 Peak challenge
You can book your guided walk anytime through the website.
- Decide which date you would like to attend
- Use the booking calendar above to select your date and click ‘book now’
- You pay a 35% deposit to book your place
- We email you with all the walk information including kit lists, timings, parking and training plans