At A Glance
Why choose this walk?
- Experience Helvellyn at sunset and when it’s quietest
- Summit five peaks across the Helvellyn range
- Enjoy breathtaking views across the Lake District
- Ideal for beginners with a good level of fitness
- An amazing way to experience Helvellyn
Why choose Mountain Walks?
- All walks are led by fully qualified, experienced and knowledgeable Mountain Leaders
- We specialise in organising guided walks and our groups are always small and personal
- Our team are here to help you every step from booking to completing the walk
- We are dedicated to providing remarkable services that exceed your expectations
Book Helvellyn Moonlight
New for 2019, experience Helvellyn at sunset (if the weather is good) and summit five peaks on this spectacular evening guided walk. Helvellyn is an iconic Lake District mountain and recently voted the best walk in Britain.
The route is circular, starting through Grisedale Valley to Grisedale Tarn and returning to Glenridding via Keppel Cove late evening. The route takes you across the following peaks:
- Dollywagon Pike – 858m
- Nethermost Pike – 891m
- Helvellyn – 950m (sunset)
- Lower Man – 925m
- White Side – 863m
Dates for 2019
- Friday 19th April (4.45pm)
- Saturday 4th May (5.15pm)
- Friday 14th June (6.15pm)
- Saturday 6th July (6.15pm)
- Friday 16th August (5.15pm)
- Saturday 31st August (4.30pm)
The walk starts early evening/late afternoon from Glenridding in the Lake District. The time you will need to be in Glenrriding is above.
You will require a good level of mountain fitness and will need to be able to walk for up to 8 hours and tackle the 1,100m+ of ascent.
How to book
Spaces on the Helvellyn Moonlight guided walk are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
1. Decide which date you would like to attend
2. Book using the online booking calendar above by selecting the date
3. 35% despot is required on booking and the final payment will be due 30 days before
4. We email you all the walk information, kit list, training tips and other useful information to ensure you are prepared