At A Glance
Why choose this walk?
- Experience a spectacular sunset from Britain’s favourite mountain
- Summit 5 peaks and traverse the Helvellyn range
- Beautiful panoramic views across the Lake District
- Small groups led by experienced Mountain Leaders
- A unique walking adventure and a chance to do something different
- Relaxed, fun and sociable group walk
Why choose Mountain Walks?
- Unique walks and events. Discover new routes and experience new places.
- Efficient and friendly service. We work hard to ensure your experience is extra special.
- Hassle free. We take the stress and worry out of joining a group guided mountain walk.
- Passionate, dedicated experts. We pride ourselves on having the very best mountain leaders to ensure you have an unforgettable experience.
- First-class support. We are here to help you every step of the way.
Book Helvellyn Moonlight
Climb Helvellyn, Britain’s favourite mountain, and enjoy breathtaking views over the Lake District at sunset before heading down in the dark. The walk will take you over 5 summits on an incredible high-level traverse of the Helvellyn mountain range.
This unique guided walk is ideal for anyone wanting to experience Helvellyn away from the crowds and complete a multi-peak sunset walk. You will complete the walk as part of a small group with other like-minded walkers and enjoy an unforgettable experience on these majestic mountains.
The route is a an 11-miles circular walk, starting and finishing in Glenridding, and takes you through the stunning Grisedale Valley, across 5 summits, and returning via Keppel Cove.
You will summit:
- Dollywagon Pike – 858m
- Nethermost Pike – 891m
- Helvellyn – 950m (sunset)
- Lower Man – 925m
- White Side – 863m
Dates and times:
The meeting times differ for each date.
- Saturday 10th April 2021 — (3.15pm meeting time)
- Saturday 8th May 2021 — (4.15pm meeting time)
- Friday 11th June 2021 — (5.00pm meeting time)
- Saturday 10th July 2021 — (5.00pm meeting time)
- Friday 10th September 2021 — (3.00pm meeting time)
Is this for me?
The Helvellyn Moonlight walk is ideal for individuals or small groups who are looking for a unique mountain walking experience in the Lake District. This is a challenging walk requiring a good level of fitness. You will be in small groups based on pace, so you can enjoy the experience without any pressure.
Where does it start?
You will meet your group and leaders in Glenridding which is on the edge of Ullswater in the Lake District. All the information will be sent to you by email after booking.
How to book your Helvellyn Moonlight Guided Walk
1. Decide which date you would like to attend
2. Book using the online booking calendar above by selecting the date
3. 35% deposit is required on booking and the final payment will be due 30 days before the walk.
4. We email you all the walk information, kit list, training tips and other useful information to ensure you are prepared