At A Glance
Why choose this walk?
- Experience Helvellyn at sunset and when it’s quietest
- Summit five peaks across the Helvellyn range
- Enjoy breathtaking views across the Lake District
- Ideal for beginners with a good level of fitness
- An amazing way to experience Helvellyn
Why choose Mountain Walks?
- All walks are led by fully qualified, experienced and knowledgeable Mountain Leaders
- We specialise in organising guided walks and our groups are always small and personal
- Our team are here to help you every step from booking to completing the walk
- We are dedicated to providing remarkable services that exceed your expectations
Book Helvellyn Moonlight
Would you like to climb Helvellyn, Britain’s favourite mountain, and see breathtaking views over the Lake District at sunset?
Join us on this fantastic Helvellyn guided walk as we climb Helvellyn at dusk, traverse across 5 summits, watch a breathtaking sunset from the summit of Helvellyn, and then descend in the dark! This is an opportunity to see Helvellyn and the Lake District like never before.
Dates for 2019
- Friday 19th April (4.00pm)
- Saturday 4th May (4.30pm) – (fully booked)
- Friday 14th June (5.30pm)
- Saturday 6th July (5.30pm)
- Friday 16th August (4.30pm)
- Saturday 31st August (3.45pm)
A Quiet Helvellyn
Helvellyn was recently voted Britain’s favourite mountain and has become popular with this new status.
This is an opportunity to have the summit to yourself and escape the daytime crowds. A rare chance to enjoy a peaceful walk and enjoy some of the best sunset views in the Lake District.
Traverse 5 Summits
The route is a tough 11-mile circular walk, starting and finishing in Glenridding, and takes you through the stunning Grisedale Valley, across 5 summits, and returning via Keppel Cove late evening.
This is an incredible route and witnessing a sunset makes it even more magical. This is an experience not to be missed. The route takes you across the following 5 peaks:
- Dollywagon Pike – 858m
- Nethermost Pike – 891m
- Helvellyn – 950m (sunset)
- Lower Man – 925m
- White Side – 863m
The walk starts early evening/late afternoon from Glenridding in the Lake District. Each Helvellyn guided walk will start at a slightly different time depending on the month. Meeting times are above next to the dates.
You will require a good level of hillwalking fitness and will need to be able to walk for up to 7-hours and tackle the 1,100m+ of ascent. Our Helvellyn guided walks are led by experienced mountain leaders and you will be in a small group at all times.
How to book your Helvellyn guided walk
Spaces on the Helvellyn guided walk are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Places are limited and this is a small group guided walk so book your place as soon as possible.
1. Decide which date you would like to attend
2. Book using the online booking calendar above by selecting the date
3. 35% despot is required on booking and the final payment will be due 30 days before
4. We email you all the walk information, kit list, training tips and other useful information to ensure you are prepared
Find out more about Mountain Walks and this walk…
Enter your details below and find out more about us, what we do and the events we run. We are always adding new dates, walks and courses so we can let you know what is coming up and what’s new too. Late availability places are also sent out to our subscribers so if you have missed out on a place then we can let you know if one becomes available.