At A Glance
Why choose this challenge?
- Discover the most beautiful lake in the Lake District National Park
- 20-mile circular walk taking in all the highlights of this stunning area
- Meet like-minded walkers on this superb mini-adventure
- Experience some of the best views the Lake District has to offer
Why choose Mountain Walks?
- Small group guided walks which are fun, relaxed and stress-free
- Led by experienced Mountain Leaders.
- Dedicated to providing adventures that are remarkable, inspiring and memorable.
- We put our clients at the heart of everything we do.
- We are here to help from booking to completing the walk
Book Ullswater Way Challenge
The Ullswater Way Challenge is a 20-mile walking adventure around the most beautiful lake in England. The route circumnavigates Ullswater and gives you the chance to explore every bit of this beautiful area of the Lake District. This is the most beautiful lake walk in England and a great walking challenge too.
The Ullswater Way Challenge is one of the best lower-level walks in the Lake District. This circular walk takes you around the lake where you will enjoy one of the most beautiful areas of the Lake District and magnificent mountain views.
- Sunday 1st September 2019 (Last few places)
- Saturday 28th September 2019 (Last few places)
- Saturday 11th April 2020
- Sunday 10th May 2020
- Friday 19th June 2020
- Saturday 11th July 2020
- Sunday 9th August 2020
- Saturday 12th September 2020
Walks start at 8.00am (meeting time is 7.45am). Expect to be finished around 6.00pm.
Highlights of the Ullswater Challenge include:
- Complete the full 20-miles circuit around Ullswater
- Beautiful views, both high-level and low-level, across Ullswater
- See the famous Aira Force (waterfalls)
- Spectacular views of the Helvellyn and High Street mountain ranges
- Enjoy some of the most beautiful and rewarding walking in the Lake District
- Walk through Glencoyne and around Gowbarrow Fell
- The villages of Pooley Bridge, Glenridding, Paterdale and Howtown
- Meet other like-minded walkers on a small group guided walk
Where does it start?
The Ullswater Way Challenge starts and finishes in Pooley Bridge in the Lake District. Pooley Bridge is just a short drive from Penrith and the M6.
When is it?
There are several dates throughout the year. You can view the dates below or on the booking calendar above.
Is it for me?
The Ullswater Way Challenge requires a good level of fitness and you will need to be able to walk for up to 9-hours at a comfortable pace. This is a great personal walking challenge which you can take part in either on your own or as a small group.
How to book your Ullswater Way Challenge
You can book your guided walk anytime through the website.
1. Decide which date you would like to attend
2. Use the booking calendar above to select your date and click ‘book now’
3. You pay a 35% deposit to book your place
4. We email you with all the walk information including kit lists, timings, parking and training plans