At A Glance
WHY CHOOSE THIS WALK?
- Summit 4 of the Welsh 3000ft peaks including Tryfan
- Discover the Glyderau mountains
- Tackle some steep rocky terrain and scrambles
- High-level multi-peak walk over rugged mountains
- Immerse yourself in the very best of Snowdonia
- One of the best mountain days in the UK
WHY CHOOSE MOUNTAIN WALKS?
- Small group guided walks which are fun, relaxed and stress-free
- Led by experienced Mountain Leaders.
- Dedicated to providing adventures that are remarkable, inspiring and memorable.
- We put our clients at the heart of everything we do.
- We are here to help from booking to completing the walk
Book The Ogwen Skyline
A tough and challenging adventure over the steep and rocky Glyderau mountains in the heart of Eryri (Snowdonia). Summit Glyder Fawr, Glyder Fach, Yr Garn and the iconic Tryfan on a high-level traverse above the Ogwen Valley. One of our most challenging routes which is ideal for those with a good level of fitness and mountain experience.
The eastern half of the Glyderau mountain range comprises of some of the most rugged and challenging mountains in Snowdonia including the Glyders and Tryfan. The route takes you to the summit of Tryfan via the South Ridge before ascending Glyder Fach and the famous ‘Cantilever Stone’. Heading West, you enjoy views over to Yr Wydffa and Crib Goch, before we make our way either over or around Castell y Gwynt, and then on to Glyder Fawr. The views down into Cwm Cneifion, Cwm Bochlywd and over to Y Gribin showcase the scale of this beautiful area…and you will see why it is loved by climbers and scramblers. From the summit of Glyder Fawr its a challenging descent to Llyn y Cwn before the final big climb to the summit of Y Garn. We take the East Ridge down from Y Garn towards Llyn Idwal and back to the Ogwen Valley.
You will summit (all 4 peaks are Welsh 3000s):
- Tryfan (917m)
- Glyder Fach (994m)
- Glyder Fawr (1,001m)
- Y Garn (947m)
2024 Dates and times:
All walks start at 9.00am and finish around 5.00pm
- Saturday 13th April
- Sunday 28th April
- Saturday 15th June
- Sunday 7th July
- Saturday 3rd August
- Sunday 8th September
Where does it start?
The Ogwen Skyline guided walk starts in the Ogwen Valley at the Ogwen Valley Visitors Centre at the western end of Llyn Ogwen, Snowdonia. Betws-y-Coed is 15 minutes away by car and offers plenty of accommodation options.
Is it for me?
You will require a good level of fitness to complete the Ogwen Skyline. The walk takes on average 8-9 hours with a total distance of just under 9-miles and 1,200m of ascent. This is one of our most challenging routes and does involve sections of steep scrambling and difficult descents. You will need a good level of mountain fitness and comfortable on more challenging mountain terrain. Ideally you will have completed several big mountains days and have experience on steeper ground.
How to book your Discover the Carneddau guided walk
You can book your guided walk anytime through the website.
1. Decide which date you would like to attend
2. Use the booking calendar above to select your date and click ‘book now’
3. You pay a 35% deposit to book your place
4. We email you with all the walk information including kit lists, timings, parking and training plans