At A Glance
Why choose this challenge?
- The Edale Skyline is a fantastic first longer distance walking challenge
- Join other like-minded walkers and experience the beautiful Peak District
- Fantastic training walk to prepare for the Yorkshire 3 Peaks or National 3 Peaks
- Each group will be led by experienced and knowledgeable Mountain Leaders
- Fantastic challenge for small groups, couples, friends, individuals, and families
Why choose Mountain Walks?
- We specialise in small group guided walks and we ensure you have a fun, relaxed and stress-free experience that you will never forget.
- All our walks are led by an exceptional and dedicated team of experienced Mountain Leaders.
- We are dedicated to the highest quality of client care and providing adventures that are remarkable, inspiring and memorable. We put our clients at the heart of everything we do.
- Our team are always here to help from booking to completing the walk. You will be sent plenty of information, lots of advice and kept up to date before the walk.
Book The Edale Skyline
The Edale Skyline is a classic Peak District hillwalking adventure. Tackle several summits on this circular walk surrounding the beautiful Vale of Edale. A challenging 20-mile route with a tough 1,200m of ascent requiring a good level of fitness and lots of determination. On this walk you will summit Win Hill, Kinder Scout southern edge, Brown Knoll, Rushup Edge, Mam Tor, Back Tor and Lose Hill.
This walk is a great personal challenge and a great way to explore the High Peak but also a great training walk for the National 3 Peaks, Yorkshire 3 Peaks or an international trekking challenge.
Dates for 2019
- Saturday 13th April
- Sunday 12th May
- Saturday 8th June
- Saturday 10th August
- Sunday 8th September
Where does it start?
The walk starts and finishes in the village of Hope in the Peak District.
Is it for me?
The Edale Skyline requires a good level of fitness and you will need to be able to walk for up to 10-hours over hilly ground. The route is not technical, but in terms of distance and time, it is a tough walking challenge.
How to book your guided walk
You can book your guided walk anytime through the website.
1. Decide which date you would like to attend
2. Use the booking calendar above to select your date and click ‘book now’
3. You pay a 35% deposit to book your place
4. We email you with all the walk information including kit lists, timings, parking and training plans
Find out more about Mountain Walks and this walk…
Enter your details below and find out more about us, what we do and the events we run. We are always adding new dates, walks and courses so we can let you know what is coming up and what’s new too. Late availability places are also sent out to our subscribers so if you have missed out on a place then we can let you know if one becomes available.