At A Glance
Why choose this walk?
- Snowdon Moonlight Walk – climb at dusk, enjoy the sunset (if weather allows) on the summit and then descend in the dark
- Enjoy the popular Llanberis Path and summit Snowdon at a quieter time – no crowds, no queues, no noise
- Ideal for beginners with a good level of fitness and walkers who want to experience their first mountain walk at night
- Perfect for small groups, couples, friends, individuals, and families
Why choose Mountain Walks?
- We specialise in small group guided walks and we ensure you have a fun, relaxed and stress-free experience that you will never forget.
- All our walks are led by an exceptional and dedicated team of experienced Mountain Leaders.
- We are dedicated to the highest quality of client care and providing adventures that are remarkable, inspiring and memorable. We put our clients at the heart of everything we do.
- Our team are always here to help from booking to completing the walk. You will be sent plenty of information, lots of advice and kept up to date before the walk.
Book Snowdon Moonlight Walk
The Snowdon Moonlight Walk is a must-do adventure for anyone seeking an unforgettable experience. Ascend Wales’ highest mountain, Yr Wyddfa (Snowdon), at sunset for a unique challenge. Enjoy a breathtaking sunset view from the summit, and then descend the mountain in peaceful darkness using head-torches to light your way, taking in stunning views of Eryri.
Join us for the unforgettable Snowdon Moonlight Walk, an evening you won’t want to miss. Take on the challenge of climbing Yr Wyddfa (Snowdon), the highest mountain in Wales, at dusk and witness a breathtaking sunset from the summit – weather permitting, of course! As darkness descends, we’ll switch on our head-torches and carefully make our way down the mountain, giving you the chance to experience Eryri (Snowdonia) like never before.
Our walk is designed to be relaxed and friendly, ensuring that everyone feels comfortable throughout the journey. As a group, we’ll reach the summit just before sunset, and with a bit of luck, we’ll witness a truly magical view as we watch the sun dip below the horizon from the highest summit in Wales.
This is a truly unique and unforgettable experience that will leave you with memories to cherish for a lifetime. Don’t miss your chance to join us on this incredible adventure.
- Friday 17th May 2024 — Last few places
- Saturday 18th May 2024 — Last few places
- Friday 7th June 2024
- Saturday 8th June 2024
- Friday 19th July 2024
- Saturday 20th July 2024
- Friday 13th September 2024
- Saturday 14th September 2024
*Full times (including meet and start times) and dates can be found below.
Enjoy Snowdon at its very best!
Snowdon is generally a very busy mountain, often with long queues at the summit, but on the Snowdon Moonlight Walk we will have the mountain to ourselves. This is a rare opportunity to experience Snowdon when it is quiet and enjoy some of the most beautiful views across Snowdonia on our most popular Snowdonia Guided Walk.
Where does it start?
The Snowdon Moonlight walks start and finish in Llanberis which is in the Snowdonia National Park, North Wales. We recommend staying in Llanberis or the surrounding villages if you staying before or after the walk. The Snowdon Moonlight Walk begins early evening, aiming to summit Snowdon, via the Llanberis Path, just before sunset.
Is it for me?
You will require a good level of fitness to climb Snowdon. The walk takes on average 7-hours with a total distance of just under 10-miles and 970m of ascent.
How to book your guided walk
You can book your Snowdon Moonlight guided walk anytime through the website.
1. Decide which date you would like to attend
2. Use the booking calendar above to select your date and click ‘book now’
3. You pay a 35% deposit to book your place
4. We email you with all the walk information including kit lists, timings, parking and training plans