At A Glance
Why choose this walk?
- Snowdon Moonlight Walk – climb at dusk, enjoy the sunset (if weather allows) on the summit and then descend in the dark
- Enjoy the popular Llanberis Path and summit Snowdon at a quieter time – no crowds, no queues, no noise
- Ideal for beginners with a good level of fitness and walkers who want to experience their first mountain walk at night
- Perfect for small groups, couples, friends, individuals, and families
Why choose Mountain Walks?
- We specialise in small group guided walks and we ensure you have a fun, relaxed and stress-free experience that you will never forget.
- All our walks are led by an exceptional and dedicated team of experienced Mountain Leaders.
- We are dedicated to the highest quality of client care and providing adventures that are remarkable, inspiring and memorable. We put our clients at the heart of everything we do.
- Our team are always here to help from booking to completing the walk. You will be sent plenty of information, lots of advice and kept up to date before the walk.
Book Snowdon Moonlight Walk
The Snowdon Moonlight Walk is an evening not to be missed. Climb Snowdon, the highest mountain in Wales, at dusk and enjoy a breathtaking sunset from the summit (if the weather allows). We then turn our head-torches on and walk down in the dark! This is an opportunity to enjoy Snowdon at its quietest and see Snowdonia like never before.
The walk will be relaxed and friendly. Your group will reach the summit just before sunset, and if the weather is on our side, witness a truly amazing view as you watch the sunset from the highest summit in Wales. This really is a truly unforgetable experience.
Dates for 2019
- Saturday 13th April (4.15pm)
- Saturday 11th May (5.00pm)
- Saturday 8th June (5.30pm)
- Saturday 13th July (5.30pm)
- Saturday 10th August (4.45pm)
- Saturday 7th September (3.45pm)
Enjoy Snowdon at its very best!
Snowdon is generally a very busy mountain, often with long queues at the summit, but on the Snowdon Moonlight Walk we will have the mountain to ourselves. This is a rare opportunity to experience Snowdon when it is quiet and enjoy some of the most beautiful views across Snowdonia on our most popular Snowdonia Guided Walk.
Where does it start?
The Snowdon Moonlight walks start and finish in Llanberis which is in the Snowdonia National Park, North Wales. We recommend staying in Llanberis or the surrounding villages if you staying before or after the walk. The Snowdon Moonlight Walk begins early evening, aiming to summit Snowdon, via the Llanberis Path, just before sunset.
Is it for me?
You will require a good level of fitness to climb Snowdon. The walk takes on average 7-hours with a total distance of just under 10-miles and 970m of ascent.
How to book your guided walk
You can book your guided walk anytime through the website.
1. Decide which date you would like to attend
2. Use the booking calendar above to select your date and click ‘book now’
3. You pay a 35% deposit to book your place
4. We email you with all the walk information including kit lists, timings, parking and training plans
Simple as that.