At A Glance
Why choose this walk?
- See Snowdon at night – climb at dusk, enjoy the sunset on the summit and then descend in the dark
- Enjoy the popular Llanberis Path and summit Snowdon at a quieter time – no crowds, no queues, no noise
- Ideal for beginners with a good level of fitness and walkers who want to experience their first mountain walk at night
- Perfect for small groups, couples, friends, individuals, and families
Why choose Mountain Walks?
- All walks are led and accompanied by fully qualified, experienced and knowledgeable Mountain Guides
- We specialise in organising guided group walks. This mountain is our passion and we love nothing more than sharing it with you
- We make sure that everything from booking your walk to reaching the summit is as stress free as possible
- Our job is to make sure you leave with some amazing memories and an experience you will never forget
The Snowdon Moonlight Walk is an evening not to be missed. Climb Snowdon, the highest mountain in Wales, at dusk and enjoy a breath-taking sunset from the summit (if the weather allows). We then turn our head-torches on and walk down in the dark! This is an opportunity to enjoy Snowdon at its quietest and see Snowdonia like never before. This is a guided walk for those who want to join a small walking group led by one of our experienced Mountain Leaders.
The Snowdon Moonlight Walk
The Snowdon Moonlight Walk begins early evening, aiming to summit Snowdon, via the Llanberis Path, just before sunset. You will meet the group in Llanberis at the foot of Snowdon before heading up the mountain with our experienced mountain leaders.
The walk will be relaxed and friendly. Your group will reach the summit just before sunset, and if the weather is on our side, witness a truly amazing view as you watch the sunset from the highest summit in Wales. This really is a truly unforgetable experience. It’s now time to head down the mountain in the dark with just the moonlight and your head-torch lighting the way.
Enjoy Snowdon at its Very Best!
Snowdon is generally a very busy mountain, often with long queues at the summit, but on the Snowdon Moonlight Walk we will have the mountain to ourselves. This is a rare opportunity to experience Snowdon when it is quiet and enjoy some of the most beautiful views across Snowdonia.