At A Glance
Why choose this walk?
- See Snowdon at night – climb at dusk, enjoy the sunset on the summit and then descend in the dark
- Enjoy the popular Llanberis Path and summit Snowdon at a quieter time – no crowds, no queues, no noise
- Ideal for beginners with a good level of fitness and walkers who want to experience their first mountain walk at night
- Perfect for small groups, couples, friends, individuals, and families
Why choose Mountain Walks?
- All walks are led and accompanied by fully qualified, experienced and knowledgeable Mountain Guides
- We specialise in organising guided group walks. This mountain is our passion and we love nothing more than sharing it with you
- We make sure that everything from booking your walk to reaching the summit is as stress free as possible
- Our job is to make sure you leave with some amazing memories and an experience you will never forget
The Snowdon Moonlight walk is an evening not to be missed. Climb Snowdon, the highest mountain in Wales, at dusk and enjoy a breath-taking sunset from the summit (if the weather allows). We then turn our head-torches on and walk down in the dark! This is an opportunity to enjoy Snowdon at its quietest and see Snowdonia like never before.
Snowdon Moonlight Dates for 2018
The Snowdon Moonlight/Sunset guided walk
The Snowdon Moonlight walk begins early evening, aiming to summit Snowdon, via the Llanberis Path, just before sunset. You will meet the group in Llanberis at the foot of Snowdon before heading up the mountain with our experienced mountain leaders.
The walk will be relaxed and you can go at your own pace. Your group will reach the summit just before sunset, and if the weather is on our side, witness a truly amazing view as you watch the sunset from the highest point in Wales. A truly unforgetable experience. It’s now time to head down the mountain in the dark with just the moonlight and your head-torch lighting the way.
This walk is suitable for beginners with a good level of fitness. Ideal for small groups and individuals. If you come alone we guarantee you will be well looked after and you will leave with new friends and great memories.
A quiet Snowdon summit
Snowdon is generally a very busy mountain, often with long queues at the summit, but on the Snowdon Moonlight walks we will have the mountain to ourselves. This is a rare opportunity to experience Snowdon when it is quiet and enjoy some of the most beautiful views across Snowdonia.
How to book the Snowdon Moonlight walk
Spaces on these walks are available on a first-come, first-served basis. We require a 35% deposit to reserve a place and the remaining balance is due 4 weeks prior to the walk. All the walk information will be emailed to you instantly once you have booked through the website. This will include all the details you need, including start and finish times, location details, parking information, and what you need to prepare and bring with you.
To book a place on the Snowdon Moonlight walk select your chosen date on the calendar above and click ‘book now’.