At A Glance
WHY CHOOSE THIS WALK?
- Summit the iconic Old Man of Coniston
- Tick off 7 summits on this mountain adventure
- Incredible panoramic views of the Lake District mountains
- High-level walk across remote and rugged mountains
- Fully guided so you can relax and enjoy the experience
- Relaxed group atmosphere with like-minded walkers
WHY CHOOSE MOUNTAIN WALKS?
- We specialise in small group guided walks
- All walks are led by experienced and knowledgeable leaders
- We make sure you have an unforgettable experience
- Great communication from booking to the day of the walk
- Friendly, relaxed and fun mountain walking experiences
Book The Coniston 7
The Old Man of Coniston, one of the most recognisable and well-known peaks in the Lake District. A mountain packed with character, from lofty ridges to tranquil waterfalls, peaceful tarns and steep crags…and this circular route takes you on a high-level walk around the Old Man and its surrounding summits.
One of the very best circular hillwalking routes in Lakeland. A high-level summit-to-summit walk which takes you to 7 peaks while enjoying some of the very best views in the Lake District. A ‘big’ mountain day, full of adventure and exploration, tackling all types of terrain and enjoying some of the best views in the Lake District. If you enjoy longer milti-peak days then this iconic walk is one we guarantee you will always remember.
The 7 Coniston summits (all Wainwrights):
- Dow Crag – 778m
- The Old Man of Coniston – 803m
- Brim Fell – 796m
- Grey Friar – 770m
- Great Carrs – 788m
- Swirl How – 802m
- Wetherlam – 762m
2024 Dates and times:
All walks start at 8.45am and finish around 4.00pm.
- Sunday 21st April 2024
- Saturday 4th May 2024
- Friday 14th June 2024
- Friday 5th July 2024
- Saturday 3rd August 2024
Where does it start?
The walk will start at the Coniston Tourst Information Centre and main central Coniston car park. All this information will be included in the event document sent to you.
Is it for me?
This is a big day in the mountains so you will need to have a good level of hillwalking fitness to complete the 13-miles and 1400m of ascent. We highly recommend training and preparing for this walk if you are not a regular hillwalker.
How to book a place on The Coniston 7 guided walk
You can book your guided walk anytime through the website.
- Decide which date you would like to attend
- Use the booking calendar above to select your date and click ‘book now’
- You pay a 35% deposit to book your place
- We email you with all the walk information including kit lists, timings, parking and training plans