At A Glance
WHY CHOOSE THIS WALK?
- An iconic and classic Lake District multi-peak walk
- Summit 7 peaks including High Street
- Experience the very best mountain walking in the Lake District
- Stunning views across the Lake District National Park
- Fully guided so you can relax and enjoy the experience
- Fantastic group atmosphere with like-minded walkers
WHY CHOOSE MOUNTAIN WALKS?
- We specialise in small group guided walks
- All walks are led by experienced and knowledgeable mountain leaders
- We make sure you have an unforgettable experience
- Great communication from booking to the day of the walk
- Friendly, relaxed and fun mountain walking experiences
Book High Street 7 Summits
High Street, at 828m, is the highest peak of the Eastern Fells in the Lake District and the high point of one of the most spectacular mountain routes. This walk takes you on a 7-summit adventure in one of the quieter areas of the Lake District.
Surrounded by tarns, reservoirs and dramatic mountain scenery, this walk is another classic round that showcases the very best of the Lake District. The area is also steeped in history with Roman roads, horseracing, fairs and wrestling! A great way to escape the masses and enjoy some exceptional hillwalking in one of the most beautiful parts of the Lake District.
A challenging walk, in terms of distance and ascent, but the route is grassy and the slopes not too steep, which does make this achievable for most people with a good level of hillwalking fitness. This is a small group guided walk which will be led by our experienced and knowledgeable mountain leaders.
The 7 summits (all Wainwrights):
- The Knott – 739 metres
- Rampsgill Head – 792 metres
- High Raise – 802 metres
- Kidsty Pike – 780 metres
- High Street – 828 metres
- Thornthwaite Crag – 784 metres
- Gray Crag – 698 metres
2024 Dates and times:
All walks start at 8.45am and finish around 3.00pm.
- Friday 12th April 2024
- Saturday 18th May 2024
- Sunday 30th June 2024
- Saturday 3rd August 2024
Where does it start?
The walk will start in the main car park at Brothers Water near Patterdale and Glenridding. Brothers water is 2-miles from Patterdale and 10-miles from Windermere (via Kirkstone Pass). All this information will be included in the event document sent to you.
Is it for me?
This is a big day in the mountains so you will need to have a good level of hillwalking fitness to complete the 10-miles and 1000m of ascent. The terrain is generally grassy and there are no technical rocky sections. We highly recommend training and preparing for this multi-peak walk if you are not a regular hillwalker.
How to book a place on the High Street 7 Summits guided walk
You can book your guided walk anytime through the website.
- Decide which date you would like to attend
- Use the booking calendar above to select your date and click ‘book now’
- You pay a 35% deposit to book your place
- We email you with all the walk information including kit lists, timings, parking and training plans