At A Glance
WHY CHOOSE THIS WALK?
- An iconic and classic Lake District multi-peak walk
- Summit 4 peaks including Blencathra
- Experience the very best mountain walking in the Lake District
- Stunning views across the Lake District National Park
- Fully guided so you can relax and enjoy the experience
- Fantastic group atmosphere with like-minded walkers
WHY CHOOSE MOUNTAIN WALKS?
- We specialise in small group guided walks
- All walks are led by experienced and knowledgeable mountain leaders
- We make sure you have an unforgettable experience
- Great communication from booking to the day of the walk
- Friendly, relaxed and fun mountain walking experiences
Book Discover Blencathra & Bannerdale
Blencathra is arguably the most famous fell in the Lake District. This is one of the most beautiful and varied places to explore in the Lake District and this route showcases the very best of the area. This route is a 4-summit high-level circuit of Blencathra and its neighbouring peaks.
Explore one of the most picturesque landscapes in the Lake District with deep valleys, steep ridges, tarns, and breath-taking mountain views. Blencathra is an iconic mountain and certainly one of the most loved in Lakeland. Wainwright dedicated more pages to Blencathra than any other mountain in his series of books. A stunning walk that takes you on a high-level journey across the Northern Fells where you can enjoy and experience this magnificent mountain. Blencathra is a mountain that every hillwalker must experience and will be one of those summits you will want to climb again and again. A must for all lovers of the Lake District!
* Please note: this route does not go over any of the ridges (Sharp Edge or Halls Fell Ridge).
The summits are:
- Souther Fell – 522 metres
- Blencathra – 868 metres
- Bannerdale Crags – 683 metres
- Bowscale Fell – 702 metres
Dates and times:
Walks start at 8.45am and finish around 4.00pm.
- Saturday 10th April 2021
- Sunday 9th May 2021
- Saturday 17th July 2021
- Sunday 8th August 2021
- Friday 24th September 2021
Where does it start?
The walk will start in the small village of Mungrisdale in the North-East of the Lake District. The village is a 15-minutes drive from Penrith and also Keswick. The exact meeting point and car parking information will be in the event document automatically emailed to you immediately after booking.
Is it for me?
This is a big day in the mountains so you will need to have a good level of hillwalking fitness to complete the 9-miles and almost 1000m of ascent. The terrain is generally grassy and there are no technical rocky sections. We highly recommend training and preparing for this multi-peak walk if you are not a regular hillwalker.
How to book a place on the Blencathra & Bannerdale guided walk
You can book your guided walk anytime through the website.
- Decide which date you would like to attend
- Use the booking calendar above to select your date and click ‘book now’
- You pay a 35% deposit to book your place
- We email you with all the walk information including kit lists, timings, parking and training plans