At A Glance
Why choose this walk?
- Incredible panaramic views of the Snowdonia mountains
- A remote and challenging hillwalking adventure
- High-level walk across remote and rugged mountains
- Summit 3 of the Welsh 3000ft peaks
- Avoid the crowds and experience the quieter side of Snowdonia
- Immerse yourself in the very best of Snowdonia
Why choose Mountain Walks?
- Small group guided walks which are fun, relaxed and stress-free
- Led by experienced Mountain Leaders.
- Dedicated to providing adventures that are remarkable, inspiring and memorable.
- We put our clients at the heart of everything we do.
- We are here to help from booking to completing the walk
Book Discover the Carneddau
Discover some of the most spectacular mountains in Snowdonia, the Carneddau, where you will enjoy breathtaking mountains views, high ridges, magical landscapes and deep valleys. This walk will take you on an incredible journey through the most stunning part of Snowdonia where you will summit some of Snowdonia’s highest peaks.
Explore the stunning landscapes and natural beauty of the Carneddau mountains, which includes picturesque lakes, vast valleys and breathtaking mountain views. The Carneddau is also one of the quietest area of Snowdonia and a great way to avoid the crowds.
Your journey takes you across the high Carneddau mountains, with undulating and rugged terrain, with some challenging parts to add to the adventure. You will walk from peak to peak, on a circular route, taking in some of the most spectacular mountains views Snowdonia has to offer.
This walk is packed with monumental moments.
You will summit:
- Pen yr Ole Wen (978m – seventh highest in Wales)
- Carnedd Dafydd (1,044m – fourth highest in Wales)
- Carnedd Llewelyn (1,064m – third highest in Wales)
- Pen yr Helgi Du (833m)
Where does it start?
The Carneddau guided walk starts in the Ogwen Valley, Snowdonia. Betws-y-Coed is 15 minutes away by car and offers plenty of accommodation options.
When is it?
There are several dates between April and September. You can view the dates below or on the booking calendar above.
Is it for me?
You will require a good level of fitness to complete the Carneddau walk. The walk takes on average 8-9 hours with a total distance of just under 10-miles and 1,200m of ascent.