At A Glance
Why choose this walk?
- Experience a multi-peak journey summiting 4 major peaks (3 which are Welsh 3000s)
- Ideal for walkers with some experience and a good level of mountain fitness who want to tackle a longer multi-peak route
- Breathtaking views across the Carneddau and Glyderau mountains
- Discover a new area of Snowdonia away from the busy areas allowing you to enjoy the peaceful surroundings
- Tackle a variety of terrain from short scrambles to long, broad airy ridges
Why choose Mountain Walks?
- We specialise in small group guided walks and we ensure you have a fun, relaxed and stress-free experience that you will never forget.
- All our walks are led by an exceptional and dedicated team of experienced Mountain Leaders.
- We are dedicated to the highest quality of client care and providing adventures that are remarkable, inspiring and memorable. We put our clients at the heart of everything we do.
- Our team are always here to help from booking to completing the walk. You will be sent plenty of information, lots of advice and kept up to date before the walk.
Book Discover the Carneddau
Possibly the best circular walk in Snowdonia with some of the most beautiful scenic views in the UK. Discover the Carneddau is the perfect way to explore more of Snowdonia, summit four major peaks and explore the quieter side of this beautiful area. This is one of the best walks in Snowdonia you will ever do.
Dates for 2019
- Sunday 14th April
- Sunday 12th May
- Sunday 9th June
- Sunday 14th July
- Sunday 11th August
- Sunday 8th September
The Carneddau route
This guided walk takes you over the beautiful and quiet Carneddau mountain range (pronounced Car-neth-eye) and summit the peaks of Pen yr Ole Wen (978m), Carnedd Dafydd (1044m), Carnedd Llewelyn (1064m) and Pen yr Helgi Du (833m).
Walking alongside an experienced and knowledgeable mountain leader, you will complete one of the best circular walks in Snowdonia, summiting multiple major peaks and enjoying some of the best scenery in the UK. At a comfortable pace, your group will experience a breathtaking high-level walk across some of the most spectacular peaks in Snowdonia.
Where does it start?
Starting in the Ogwen Valley, just a few minutes’ drive from the village of Betws-y-Coed, this walk will take you away from the busy areas and show you one of the quieter sides of Snowdonia.
Is it for me?
The walk requires a good level of mountain fitness and you will need to be able to walk for up to 8-hours and tackle the 1,200m+ of ascent. There are some short scrambling sections on the route.
How to book your guided walk
You can book your guided walk anytime through the website.
1. Decide which date you would like to attend
2. Use the booking calendar above to select your date and click ‘book now’
3. You pay a 35% deposit to book your place
4. We email you with all the walk information including kit lists, timings, parking and training plans