At A Glance
Why choose this walk?
- Experience a multi-peak journey summiting 5 major peaks (3 which are Welsh 3000s) on a breathtaking tour of the stunning Carneddau mountains
- Ideal for walkers with some experience and a good level of mountain fitness who want to tackle a longer multi-peak route
- Breathtaking views across the Carneddau and Glyderau mountains
- Discover a new area of Snowdonia away from the busy areas allowing you to enjoy the peaceful surroundings
- Tackle a variety of terrain from short scrambles to long airy ridges – a great route to gain experience on a longer mountain journey
Why choose Mountain Walks?
- We specialise in small group guided walks and we ensure you have a fun, relaxed and stress-free experience that you will never forget.
- All our walks are led by an exceptional and dedicated team of experienced Mountain Leaders.
- We are dedicated to the highest quality of client care and providing adventures that are remarkable, inspiring and memorable. We put our clients at the heart of everything we do.
- Our team are always here to help from booking to completing the walk. You will be sent plenty of information, lots of advice and kept up to date before the walk.
Book Discover the Carneddau
Possibly the best circular walk in Snowdonia with some of the most beautiful scenic views in the UK. This walk is the perfect way to discover more of Snowdonia, summit five major peaks and explore the quieter side of this beautiful area..
Dates for 2019
- Sunday 14th April
- Sunday 12th May
- Sunday 9th June
- Sunday 14th July
- Sunday 11th August
- Sunday 8th September
The Carneddau route
This guided walk takes you over the beautiful and quiet Carneddau mountain range (pronounced Car-neth-eye) and summit the peaks of Pen yr Ole Wen (978m), Carnedd Dafydd (1044m), Carnedd Llewelyn (1064m) and Pen yr Helgi Du (833m).
Walking alongside an experienced and knowledgeable mountain guide, you will complete one of the best circular walks in Snowdonia, summiting multiple major peaks and enjoying some of the best scenery in the UK.
At a comfortable pace, your group will experience a breathtaking high-level walk across some of the most spectacular peaks in Snowdonia. Starting in the Ogwen Valley, just a few minutes’ drive from the village of Betws-y-Coed, this walk will take you away from the busy touristy areas and show you one of the quieter sides of Snowdonia.
How to book
Spaces on this walk are available on a first-come, first-served basis. We require a 35% deposit to reserve a place and the remaining balance is due 4 weeks prior to the walk.
All the walk information will be emailed to you once your place has been confirmed. This will include all the details you need, including start and finish times, location details, parking information, and what you need to prepare and bring with you.
To book a place, select your chosen date on the calendar above and click ‘book now’.
** Fully booked or can’t make a date? Join the reserve list and event updates…
If any events are fully booked or you are unable to attend a specific dates then we can send you updates via email. We often add additional dates or have cancellations so we can let you know when things become available.
Just enter your details below…