At A Glance
WHY CHOOSE THIS WALK?
- The Fairfield Horseshoe is the classic Lakeland multi-peak walk
- Summit 8 peaks (all Wainwright’s)
- Immerse yourself in the very best mountain walking in the Lake District
- Breathtaking views of the Lake District fells and lakes
- Fully guided so you can relax and enjoy the experience
- Fantastic group atmosphere with like-minded walkers
WHY CHOOSE MOUNTAIN WALKS?
- We specialise in small group guided walks
- All walks are led by experienced and knowledgeable leaders
- We make sure you have an unforgettable experience
- Great communication from booking to the day of the walk
- Friendly, relaxed and fun mountain walking experiences
Book Fairfield Horseshoe
The Fairfield Horseshoe is the classic Lakeland multi-peak walk and one of the iconic high-level walks. The route is an 8 summit circuit of the ridges around the breathtaking valley that surround Rydal Beck. A high skyline walk that showcases some of the best views in the Lake District.
The route takes you over 8 Wainwright’s with Fairfield being the highest summit at 873 metres. You will enjoy panoramic views across the Lake District with all the major summits on view and majestic views over Windermere. The Fairfield Horseshoe is certainly the most famous of the classic Lake District rounds. This really is a gem of walk and a truly unforgettable experience.
The Fairfield Horseshoe is a tough walk which you will need to ensure you are prepared for. This is a small group guided walk led by our experienced and knowledgeable mountain leaders.
The Fairfield Horseshoe Peaks:
- Nab Scar – 440 metres
- Heron Pike – 612 metres
- Great Rigg – 766 metres
- Fairfield – 873 metres
- Hart Crag – 822 metres
- Dove Crag – 792 metres
- High Pike – 656 metres
- Low Pike – 508 metres
- 24th April 2022
- 20th May 2022
- 2nd July 2022
- 31 July 2022
- 16th September 2022
- 8th October 2022
Where does it start?
The Fairfield Horseshoe starts and finishes in Ambleside. The meeting point will be the main central village car park. We recommend Ambleside for accommodation as well.
Is it for me?
The Fairfield Horseshoe requires a good level of fitness and you will need to be able to walk for up to 9-hours over challenging mountain terrain and tackle the 1,100m+ of ascent. We highly recommend training for this walk and ensuring you are prepared for a long multi-peak day in the mountains.
How to book a place on the Fairfield Horseshoe guided walk
You can book your Fairfield Horseshoe guided walk anytime through the website.
- Decide which date you would like to attend
- Use the booking calendar above to select your date and click ‘book now’
- You pay a 35% deposit to book your place
- We email you with all the walk information including kit lists, timings, parking and training plans