At A Glance
Why choose this challenge?
- The Yorkshire Three Peaks is one of the best walking challenges in the UK
- Join other like-minded walkers and experience the Yorkshire Three Peaks as a group
- Explore the beautiful Yorkshire Dales and summit the peaks of Pen-y-ghent, Whernside and Ingleborough on this 25-mile circuit
- Each group will be led by experienced and knowledgeable Mountain Leaders
- Fantastic challenge for small groups, couples, friends, individuals, and families
- A tough challenge to train and prepare for
Why choose Mountain Walks?
- We specialise in small group guided walks and we ensure you have a fun, relaxed and stress-free experience that you will never forget.
- All our walks are led by an exceptional and dedicated team of experienced Mountain Leaders.
- We are dedicated to the highest quality of client care and providing adventures that are remarkable, inspiring and memorable. We put our clients at the heart of everything we do.
- Our team are always here to help from booking to completing the walk. You will be sent plenty of information, lots of advice and kept up to date before the walk.
Book Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge
The Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge – known as Britain’s classic hillwalking challenge – is a tough 25-mile walk through the idyllic Yorkshire Dales, where you summit the peaks of Pen-y-ghent, Whernside and Ingleborough, in under 12-hours.
The Yorkshire Three Peaks is a tough walking challenge that will push you physically and mentally. A classic walking adventure that everyone should attempt and it’s also a great way to discover the stunning Yorkshire Dales. The Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge is the perfect for anyone wanting to challenge themselves on a tough long distance mountain walk. This is the ultimate walking challenge and one you will always remember.
- Friday 8th April 2022
- Saturday 9th April 2022 (Fully booked)
- Saturday 14th May 2022 (Fully booked)
- Saturday 25th June 2022 (Fully booked)
- Friday 22nd July 2022
- Friday 2nd September 2022
All walks start at 7.00am (meeting time is 6.45am). An early start as this is a 12 hour walking challenge.
Our Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenges are fully supported
We provide checkpoints where you can get refreshments, top up your water, have some snacks, and we can even drive you back to Horton if you have had enough. This is a fully guided small group walk so you will be with one of our Mountain Leaders every step of the way.
Where does it start?
The Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge will start and finish in Horton in Ribblesdale. The walk is a very early start (6.45am meet) so we suggest staying in the area before.
Is it for me?
The Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge is extremely tough and you will need a very good level of fitness to complete the walk. We highly recommend training for this challenge and ensuring you are prepared for a very long day in the mountains. We will provide a training plan that will help you prepare for the challenge.
How to book your guided walk
You can book your guided walk anytime through the website.
1. Decide which date you would like to attend
2. Use the booking calendar above to select your date and click ‘book now’
3. You pay a 35% deposit to book your place
4. We email you with all the walk information including kit lists, timings, parking and training plans.