At A Glance
Why choose this challenge?
- Discover Great Langdale is a unique walking adventure and a great way to tackle a long, multi-peak adventure alongside a professional guide
- Join other like-minded walkers and experience this challenge as a small group
- Discover this beautiful area of the Lake District
- Each group will be led by experienced and knowledgeable Mountain Leaders
- Fantastic challenge for small groups, couples, friends, individuals, and families
Why choose Mountain Walks?
- We specialise in small group guided walks and we ensure you have a fun, relaxed and stress-free experience that you will never forget.
- All our walks are led by an exceptional and dedicated team of experienced Mountain Leaders.
- We are dedicated to the highest quality of client care and providing adventures that are remarkable, inspiring and memorable. We put our clients at the heart of everything we do.
- Our team are always here to help from booking to completing the walk. You will be sent plenty of information, lots of advice and kept up to date before the walk.
Book Discover Great Langdale & The Langdale Pikes
Explore the stunning Great Langdale valley and these iconic summits on a fantastic Langdale Pikes guided walk.
The Langdale Pikes is an iconic Lake District walk with some of the best views Lakeland has to offer. This circular guided walk takes you on an 8-mile adventure around the Langdale Pikes where you will summit 7 peaks and discover this stunning area of the Lake District. This is one of the very best walks in the Lake District where you can enjoy breathtaking panoramic views from the heart of the National Park.
Starting in the Great Langdale Valley the route takes you to Stickle Tarn via the raging waterfalls of Stickle Ghyll nestled between the vast rocky crags of the Langdale Pikes. The route bends to the right and a more gradual ascent leads you to the first summit of the day, Sergeant Man, and then on to High Raise (the highest central point in the Lake District) where you can enjoy spectacular views across the entire National Park.
From High Raise you head over to the Langdale Pikes and summit all 5 peaks (Thunacar Knott, Pavey Ark, Harrison Stickle, Pike of Stickle and Loft Crag) and enjoy the dramatic views down in to the Langdale Valley before we head down via the Dungeon Ghyll back to Stickle Barn.
Dates for 2019
- Friday 3rd May
- Saturday 18th May
- Friday 5th July
- Saturday 27th July
- Friday 30th August
- Saturday 21st September
Where does it start?
The walk starts at the National Trust Stickle Barn/Car Park in the Langdale Valley which is 6-miles from Ambleside in the Lake District. We would recommend staying in or around Ambleside.
Is this for me?
You will require a good level of fitness and be able to walk for up to 7-8 hours and tackle the 1,000m+ of ascent. This is a relaxed guided walk where you will have the time to enjoy the views and experience the Langdale Pikes at a comfortable pace.
How to book your Langdale Pikes guided walk
You can book your Langdale Pikes guided walk anytime through the website.
1. Decide which date you would like to attend
2. Use the booking calendar above to select your date and click ‘book now’
3. You pay a 35% deposit to book your place
4. We email you with all the walk information including kit lists, timings, parking and training plans
Find out more about Mountain Walks and this walk…
Enter your details below and find out more about us, what we do and the events we run. We are always adding new dates, walks and courses so we can let you know what is coming up and what’s new too. Late availability places are also sent out to our subscribers so if you have missed out on a place then we can let you know if one becomes available.