At A Glance
Why choose this walk?
- Discover Great Langdale is a a fantastic multi-peak walk that is suitable for all abilities and a great way to summit all the Langdale Pike summits
- Join other like-minded walkers and enjoy a fun and relaxed day hillwalking
- Discover the beautiful and iconic area of the Lake District
- Each group will be led by experienced and knowledgeable Mountain Leader
- Fantastic walk for small groups, couples, friends, individuals, and families
Why choose Mountain Walks?
- We specialise in small group guided walks and we ensure you have a fun, relaxed and stress-free experience that you will never forget.
- All our walks are led by an exceptional and dedicated team of experienced Mountain Leaders.
- We are dedicated to the highest quality of client care and providing adventures that are remarkable, inspiring and memorable. We put our clients at the heart of everything we do.
- Our team are always here to help from booking to completing the walk. You will be sent plenty of information, lots of advice and kept up to date before the walk.
Book Discover Great Langdale & The Langdale Pikes
The Langdale Pikes are the most iconic group of peaks in the Lake District. This guided walk will take you on circular tour of the Langdale range where you will summit 7 peaks and enjoy some of the most spectacular walking in the Lake District.
The scenery is spectacular throughout the day with sweeping panoramic views across the whole Lake District National Park.
This guided walk is suitable for all abilities and is a great walk for people new to hillwalking and those who want to join a guided group walk.
Summits include: Sergeant Man, High Raise, Thunacar Knott, Pavey Ark, Harrison Stickle, Pike of Stickle and Loft Crag (7 Wainwrights).
Dates for 2019
- Friday 3rd May
- Saturday 18th May
- Friday 5th July
- Saturday 27th July
- Friday 30th August
- Saturday 21st September
Where does it start?
The walk starts at the National Trust Stickle Barn/Car Park in the Langdale Valley which is 6-miles from Ambleside in the Lake District. We would recommend staying in or around Ambleside. Walks start at 9.00am.
Is this for me?
You will require a good level of fitness and be able to walk for up to 7-8 hours and tackle the 1,000m+ of ascent. This is a relaxed guided walk where you will have the time to enjoy the views and experience the Langdale Pikes at a comfortable pace.
How to book your Langdale Pikes guided walk
You can book your Langdale Pikes guided walk anytime through the website.
1. Decide which date you would like to attend
2. Use the booking calendar above to select your date and click ‘book now’
3. You can pay just a small 35% deposit today to book your place (final amount due 30 days before the walk)
4. We email you with all the walk information including kit lists, timings, parking and training plans