At A Glance
Why choose this course?
- Tackle some of Snowdonia’s classic ridges and scrambles while learning new skills and techniques
- Learn to scramble safely with our expert Mountain Leaders
- Small group ratios allowing you to learn more and do more
- Gain confidence so you can enjoy your own scrambling routes
- One of the most exhilarating and fun experiences you will ever have in the mountains
Why choose Mountain Walks?
- We specialise in small group courses and ensure they are fun, relaxed and stress-free
- All our courses are led by an exceptional and dedicated team of experienced Mountain Leaders.
- We are dedicated to the highest quality of client care both on and off the mountain
- Our team are always here to help and offer advice if needed
- We have an fantastic reputation for delivering excellent courses tailored around your needs
Book Snowdonia Scrambling
Experience the very best of Snowdonia and learn scrambling skills on one of our small group courses.
- Would you like to learn to scramble and challenge yourself on some of the best routes in Snowdonia?
- Tackle some tougher and more challenging mountain routes and ridges?
- Learn skills so you can enjoy your own scrambling adventures?
- And have two amazing and memorable days in the rugged Snowdonia mountains?
This scrambling course is for confident hillwalkers who want to take their skills to the next level and explore rocky ridges and steep ground in safety. Over two days you will learn skills, build on your confidence and gain valuable experience with one of our expert Mountain Leaders. This really is an unforgettable course which will challenge you and give you an all-round scrambling experience.
Each day will provide a new set of challenges and experiences as you enjoy an exhilarating tour of Snowdonia’s best scrambling routes. As part of a small group, led by our experienced Mountain Leaders, you will learn and develop the course skills needed to safely enjoy scrambling.
- Movement skills over steeper ground and on ridges
- How to select and find routes
- Staying safe and working as a team
- What to consider and how to plan your scrambling adventures
- Kit, guide books and maps
- An all-round introduction to scrambling in Snowdonia.
The learning will be relaxed and we ensure that you are comfortable and enjoy the experience. This is ideal for those who are new to scrambling and want to learn the foundation skills.
Where is the scrambling course held?
The scrambling course is held in Snowdonia, North Wales. You will start the 2-days in the Glyderau mountains at the Ogwen Valley Visitors Centre. This is a short drive from Betws-y-Coed and Llanberis.
Is this for me?
Recent experience of summer hillwalking in the UK and a very good level of mountain fitness. Some experience of easy scrambling or steep ground would be useful but not essential. This is a challenging 2-days with some serious exposure. If you’re unsure if this is right for you, please contact us before booking.