At A Glance
Why choose this course?
- Tackle some of Snowdonia’s classic ridges and scrambles while learning new skills and techniques
- Routes include Crib Goch, Tryfan North Ridge, Y Gribin, Seniors Ridge and Llech Ddu Spur
- This weekend is for confident hillwalkers with a good level of fitness, a head for heights and those who want to take their hillwalking to the next level
- One of the most exhilarating weekends you will ever have in Snowdonia
Why choose Mountain Walks?
- We specialise in small group guided walks and we ensure you have a fun, relaxed and stress-free experience that you will never forget.
- All our walks are led by an exceptional and dedicated team of experienced Mountain Leaders.
- We are dedicated to the highest quality of client care and providing adventures that are remarkable, inspiring and memorable. We put our clients at the heart of everything we do.
- Our team are always here to help from booking to completing the walk. You will be sent plenty of information, lots of advice and kept up to date before the course
Book Discover Scrambling
Enjoy two-days scrambling in Snowdonia developing the skills required for tackling scrambling routes such as Crib Goch or Tryfan North Ridge.
This weekend is for confident hillwalkers who want to take their skills to the next level and explore rocky ridges and steep ground in safety. By the end of the two-days you will have gained valuable new skills, boosted your confidence and tackled some of Snowdonia’s legendary scrambling routes.
Dates for 2019
- Saturday 13th – Sunday 14th April (fully booked)
- Thursday 2nd – Friday 3rd May
- Saturday 18th – Sunday 19th May
- Saturday 15th – Sunday 16th June
- Thursday 4th – Friday 5th July
- Saturday 20th – Sunday 21st July
- Saturday 17th – Sunday 18th August
- Thursday 29th – Friday 30th August
- Saturday 14th – Sunday 15th September
This course is aimed at summer hillwalkers who want to gain the skills and confidence required for tackling steep ground, tricky rocky lines and mountain ridges.
The course focuses on movement skills and route finding on grade-1 scrambling ground giving you the skills and confidence to tackle routes yourself. Each day will provide a new set of challenges and experiences as you enjoy an exhilarating tour of Snowdonia’s best scrambling routes. The pace will be comfortable, the learning relaxed and we ensure you are comfortable with every aspect of scrambling.
The first day will be spent covering skills and technique including:
- Safe and confident movement techniques
- Route choice, assessing and planning
- Safeguarding and protecting other members of the group
- Tackling loose rock, gullies, descents, ridges and steep ground
The second day will focus on completing a longer mountain journey on one of the legendary multi-peak scrambling routes such as:
- The Snowdon Horseshoe (Crib Goch)
- Tryfan North Ridge and the Glyderau
- Llech Ddu Spur and scrambling in the Carneddau
Where does it start?
Discover Scrambling is held in Snowdonia, North Wales. You will start the 2-days in the Glyderau mountains at the Ogwen Valley Visitors Centre. This is a short drive from Betws-y-Coed and Llanberis.
Is this for me?
Recent experience of summer hillwalking in the UK and a very good level of mountain fitness. Some experience of easy scrambling or steep ground would be useful but is not essential. This is a challenging 2-days with some serious exposure. If you’re unsure if this is right for you, please contact us before booking.
How to book your course
You can book your course anytime through the website.
1. Decide which date you would like to attend
2. Use the booking calendar above to select your date and click ‘book now’
3. You pay a 35% deposit to book your place
4. We email you with all the walk information including kit lists, timings, parking and training tips
** Fully booked or can’t make a date? Join the reserve list and event updates…
If any events are fully booked or you are unable to attend a specific dates then we can send you updates via email. We often add additional dates or have cancellations so we can let you know when things become available.
Just enter your details below…