At A Glance
Why choose this course?
- Tackle some of Snowdonia’s classic ridges and scrambles while learning new skills and techniques
- Learn to scramble safely with our expert Mountain Leaders
- Small group ratios allowing you to learn more and do more
- Gain confidence so you can enjoy your own scrambling routes
- One of the most exhilarating and fun experiences you will ever have in the mountains
Why choose Mountain Walks?
- We specialise in small group courses and ensure they are fun, relaxed and stress-free
- All our courses are led by an exceptional and dedicated team of experienced Mountain Leaders.
- We are dedicated to the highest quality of client care both on and off the mountain
- Our team are always here to help and offer advice if needed
- We have an fantastic reputation for delivering excellent courses tailored around your needs
Book Snowdonia Scrambling Weekend
Enjoy two days in Snowdonia developing the movement and technical skills required for tackling scrambling routes such as Crib Goch or Tryfan North Ridge. This weekend is for confident hill walkers who want to take their skills to the next level and explore rocky ridges, gullies and steep ground in safety.
By the end of the weekend you will have gained valuable new skills, boosted your confidence and tackled some of Snowdonia’s legendary scrambling routes.
- Saturday 23rd May – Sunday 24th May 2020
- Saturday 27th June – Sunday 28th June 2020
- Saturday 22nd August – Sunday 23rd August 2020
- Saturday 24th April – Sunday 25th April 2021
- Saturday 8th May – Sunday 9th May 2021
- Saturday 5th June – Sunday 6th June 2021
- Saturday 3rd July – Sunday 4th July 2021
- Saturday 4th September – Sunday 5th September 2021
This weekend is aimed towards summer hill walkers who want to gain the skills and confidence required for tackling steep ground, tricky rocky lines and mountain ridges. The weekend will focus on movement skills and route finding on grade 1 scrambling ground giving you the skills and confidence to tackle routes yourself.
Each day will provide a new set of challenges and experiences as you enjoy an exhilarating tour of Snowdonia’s best scrambling routes. The pace will be comfortable, the learning relaxed and we ensure you are comfortable with every aspect of scrambling. This walk will increase your confidence and develop the movement skills needed to tackle steep mountain terrain, ridges and follow grade 1 scrambling routes. To have an exhilarating, challenging and fun experience tackling scrambling routes in Snowdonia.
The first day will be spent on the mountain and you will cover:
- Safe and confident movement techniques
- Route choice, assessing and planning
- Safeguarding and protecting other members of the group
- Tackling loose rock, gullies, descents, ridges and steep ground
The second day will focus on completing a longer mountain journey on one of the legendary multi-peak scrambling routes. The route will depend on the group and weather conditions but may include:
- The Snowdon Horseshoe (Crib Goch)
- Tryfan North Ridge and Bristly Ridge
- Llech Ddu Spur and scrambling in the Carneddau
Recent experience of summer hill walking in the UK. Some experience of easy scrambling or steep ground would be useful but is not essential. This is a challenging weekend with some serious exposure. If you’re unsure if this is right for you, please contact us before booking.
How to book your Snowdon Scrambling Weekend
You can book your Snowdonia Scrambling Weekend anytime through the website.
1. Decide which date you would like to attend
2. Use the booking calendar above to select your date and click ‘book now’
3. You pay a 35% deposit to book your place
4. We email you with all the walk information including kit lists, timings, parking and training tips
Spaces on this course are available on a first-come, first-served basis. We require a 35% deposit to reserve a place and the remaining balance is due 6 weeks prior to the weekend. All information will be emailed to you immediately after booking. This will include all the details you need, including start and finish times, location details, parking information, and what you need to prepare and bring with you.