At A Glance
Why choose this workshop?
- This workshop has been created specifically for those new to hillwalking
- Learn the important skills you need to get started hillwalking
- You will learn exactly what you need to know without being overwhelmed
- Small group workshops which are fun, friendly and relaxed
Why choose Mountain Walks?
- Led by fully qualified instructors who are experts at coaching and teaching hillwalking skills
- Learn skills in a fun, friendly and relaxed atmosphere. No pressure.
- Lots of pre-workshop support and detailed workshop documentation
- Fantastic reputation for delivering outstanding workshops and courses
Book Hillwalking Workshop
Learn step-by-step the skills you need to be a confident and competent hillwalker.
This is a 2-day workshop for anyone who wants to learn hillwalking skills and start exploring the mountains with ease. This is the “essential guide” to hillwalking and will take you from “beginner” to a confident hillwalker with the skills to head out in to the mountains with confidence.
What’s covered in the Workshop?
- Navigation and map reading
- Planning walks and routes
- Weather and how to read a mountain forecast
- How to prepare for your walks
- Clothing and equipment
- What to do if things go wrong
- Conservation and environment issues
- The rules and regulations
- Hillwalking strategies and skills
- Tips to help get the most out of your walks
- Lots of 1-to-1 advice and practical help
This workshop is perfect for:
For anyone who is completely new to hillwalking and wants to start your journey successfully. Or for those with some hillwalking experience but haven’t learned the skills they need and would benefit from expert coaching.
You will spend 2-days in the mountains with our expert instructors where you will learn, practice and master the fundamental skills of hillwalking. You will be in a small group of just 6 so you get the most out of the workshop and benefit from small group learning.
All our instructors and mountain leaders are experienced hillwalkers. However, it’s our training style and coaching methods that really set us apart from the rest. Fun, relaxed and stress-free learning, delivered in a way that ensures you learn easily and fully understand the concepts. Oh, and you have a lot of fun too J
Where and when is it?
The workshops will be held in the Lake District.
The Langdale Valley is 5-miles from Ambleside. There are several dates throughout the year. Use the drop down menu below to see a list of dates.
Ready to get started?
No more guessing, wondering, or Googling… We are here to help you every step of the way and ensuring your hillwalking journey is easy, fun, and enjoyable. Master the skills and become a confident hillwalker.