At A Glance
Why choose this workshop?
- This workshop has been created specifically for those new to hillwalking
- Learn the important skills you need to get started hillwalking
- You will learn exactly what you need to know without being overwhelmed
- Small group workshops which are fun, friendly and relaxed
Why choose Mountain Walks?
- Led by fully qualified instructors who are experts at coaching and teaching hillwalking skills
- Learn skills in a fun, friendly and relaxed atmosphere. No pressure.
- Lots of pre-workshop support and detailed workshop documentation
- Fantastic reputation for delivering outstanding workshops and courses
Book Beginners Hillwalking Workshop
This weekend is aimed at the complete beginner and tailored specifically around getting you started walking in the mountains. If you feel you lack the skills, knowledge and experience but would love to start exploring the beautiful UK mountains safely and confidently then this weekend will give you the core skills.
You will spend the weekend with a fully qualified instructor who will take you from a complete novice to someone who is able to venture in to the mountains with friends and family confidently and competently. You will spend two days in the mountains learning new skills and boosting your confidence.
The workshop will be relaxed and conducted at a comfortable pace. The aim is to boost your confidence, give you a taste of hillwalking and develop those all-important skills.
- Saturday 4th – Sunday 5th July 2020
- Saturday 1st – Sunday 2nd August 2020
- Saturday 5th – Sunday 6th September 2020
- Saturday 17th April – Sunday 18th April 2021
- Saturday 15th May – Sunday 16th May 2021
- Saturday 19th June – Sunday 20th June 2021
- Saturday 17th July – Sunday 18th July 2021
- Saturday 14th August – Sunday 15th August 2021
- Saturday 18th September – Sunday 19th September 2021
The skills you will learn:
- Basics of using a map and compass
- Planning a route
- Following a route from a guidebook or magazine
- Gear choice and what to carry
- What to do in an emergency
- Fitness, nutrition and safety
- The weather and how to plan for it
What experience do I need?
None! If you spend your time looking at beautiful mountain images and want to explore but feel you don’t have any experience, then this course is for you. Aimed at the novice with no experience we will teach you all the skills needed to enjoy hillwalking.
All our instructors and mountain leaders are experienced hillwalkers. However, it’s our training style and coaching methods that really set us apart from the rest. Fun, relaxed and stress-free learning, delivered in a way that ensures you learn easily and fully understand the concepts.
Where and when is it?
The workshops will be held in the Lake District. The Langdale Valley is 5-miles from Ambleside. There are several dates throughout the year.
How to book
You can book your workshop anytime through the website.
1. Decide which date you would like to attend
2. Use the booking calendar above to select your date and click ‘book now’
3. You pay a 35% deposit to book your place
4. We email you with all the walk information including kit lists, timings, parking and training tips
Spaces on this workshop are available on a first-come, first-served basis. We require a 35% deposit to reserve a place and the remaining balance is due 6 weeks prior to the weekend. All information will be emailed to you immediately after booking. This will include all the details you need, including start and finish times, location details, parking information, and what you need to prepare and bring with you.